Tuesday, October 20, 2009

As I'm posting this, my mind is in the gutter and I can envision other interpretations of this design...



This design immediately caught my eye because of its bright colors and uniqueness. Reading the accompanying article provided me with information that made the design even more impressive and intriguing. Apparently there are many advances being made in skateboarding. This board is for "freeriding," which is characterized by high speeds, spins, and slides. Comet, the company that produced the longboard actually let its users design it. The internet was used as a means to share ideas regarding the design. This board is named "the Flying Spaghetti Monster." After reading this I could totally see the reference, however it was not obvious to me prior to that. I probably would not have been in favor of that name but I think the designer(s) did a good job of making something that I find unattractive, look cool. I guess maybe I do like spaghetti monsters...
This design was found in the October, 2009 issue of I.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment