Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sketch 1

Process:
I began this sketch during some down time at work. I grabbed a pair of glasses that are for sale in the store and made a rough sketch of them. The face just naturally followed the glasses. I did not intend to send a "green" message when I started sketching. It just sort of evolved into that. At my other job, I'm checking the air flow in fume hoods on the UofI campus. I'm a little jealous of one of my co-workers who gets to make various posters and brochures for the environmental compliance department. Perhaps this was my unconscious attempt to compete?

1 comment:

  1. The human form is incredibly difficult to master. You have done an excellent job on this one. I like how the jaw is kind of squared a bit. This gives it a very futuristic or commercial appearance that is interesting because we recognize it as human like, yet are entertained by the differences.

    ReplyDelete